One Rong View

Monday, December 04, 2006

Vickie goes west

Vickie was the oldest dog in Fred's family. Though I've know her for only a couple of years, I've enjoyed having her as a friend.

To me, Vickie was "the wise one," because of her distinctive sage-like features and her mellow character. She was a very loving dog.

No one thought she would be gone this soon, but in a way, we were all bracing ourselves for Vickie's departure as we saw her slowing down in her old age.

The week before Vickie died, Fred and I were back visiting and we had a great time together, doing the things she liked, like going for walks and eating snow.

If there is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval, then I think Vickie did really well this lifetime.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear. Sounds like Vickie had a great life though. I know you guys helped make her time an awesome one.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5:58 PM  

  • Thank you so much for putting this up here. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this.

    By Blogger James W. (Jim) LeMaster, At 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home