One Rong View

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's music to my ears


Omg, omg omg omg! I just went for band practice and it was awesome! (Waves hands in the air... freaking out in a good sort of way.)

So I joined the Santa Monica College Concert Band, thanks to our friend, Mark Painter (Fred's ex-coworker), for recruiting me. Touched a FRENCH HORN for the first time in like a gazillion years. Oh how I missed you, dear friend.

I really didn't know what to expect, but it worked, It worked! Thank goodness I still have it... a little rough, though... ok, very rough. The pieces weren't exactly beginner stuff and I did, not play for years, you've got to give me that.

My ears are so bad. Can't get the pitches right like I used to. Felt like the first couple of weeks I was playing the french horn. But I have to say, I'm proud of myself for remembering how to get a great sound.

I can still feel the buzz in my lips, ouch. It hurts, but it hurts so pleasently.

Now I have a real reason to beg for a french horn. All donations accepted. =) Know anyone selling their old mouthpieces?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home