One Rong View

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Eat Food Diet



Personally, one of the greatest pleasures in life has to be feeding myself and the people around me. Getting fed is really great too. I do mean thoroughly enjoying the whole process of fueling our bodies.

Sometimes it means going out to a good restaurant. More often than not, it means browsing recipes, shopping for great ingredients and cooking. I truly wish I have the luxury of fresh produce from my backyard. But we do what we can and lucky us, we have really great farmers' markets near us.

I think it's one of the most stupendous forms of human expression. Some call it culture. I call it eating good food.

Voltaire said it. "Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." Michael Pollan is like Voltaire, except he's saying it for the people of now. And he sums it very eloquently.

Read the book, be really nice to good farmers and enjoy your food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home